13-10-2023 Choosing a secondary school - for children with additional needs
Information for families of children due to move to Secondary School in September 2024 (date of birth between 1.9.12 and 31.8.13) or the following year.
Our Voice held 2 videoconference sessions in conjunction with SENDIASS and the Enfield SEN Team looking at the transfer to Secondary School for children with SEND on Tuesday 3rd October and Monday 9th October.
- For children with an EHCP the deadline for confirming your preference is 16th October
- For children without an ECHP applications must be submitted by 31st October.
- Open days are taking place during September and October
- This booklet sets out the processes for children with an EHCP, and this booklet gives information about all special schools and other specialist provisions in Enfield.
- You can see the dates of open days here.
We would really like to know about your experiences when visiting and talking to secondary schools - please see information about our survey here, including how to enter our prize draw.
You may also find it useful to look at these resources for preparing for the transfer to secondary school.
- Guide for teachers preparing Autistic children for the transfer to secondary from the Advisory Service for Autism
- Guide for teachers supporting children with SEND to transfer to secondary school
- Things I could say to start a conversation when making new friends